MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS to the beginning of EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250-1800)
Note: Because of a 2-year ceiling repair project, our route cannot go from MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS straight into EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250-1800).
To get to the new entrance of EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250-1800), after visiting MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
- Take an elevator downstairs
- Walk through THE AMERICAN WING COURTYARD and part of MEDEVIL ART
- Then take an elevator to EUROPEAN PAINTING.
- The whole detour takes about 5 minutes, but, because half the EUROPEAN GALLERIES (1250-1800) are closed, the 90-MINUTE MET tour stays the same length.
- If you would like to tour the EUROPEAN GALLERIES as they were in 2017 (when all the Dutch masterpieces were in place and not downstairs in a special exhibit), click HERE. Your path will come out to the same place - the top of the Main Staircase - as if you followed the detour. Then we will continue.
ENTRANCE TO: MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS GALLERIES
FOLLOWED BY: DETOUR TO THE BEGINNING OF EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250-1800)
THE OLDEST SURVIVING PIANO (FROM 1720); MADE BY BARTOLOMEO CRISTOFORI.
THIS BEGINS THE 2018-2019 DETOUR TO EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250-1800).
WE ARE NOW ENTERING: EUROPEAN PAINTINGS (1250 -1800).
CLICK OR TAP THIS LINK OR THE BOX BELOW TO GO TO:
. . .THE DRAWINGS AND PRINTS GALLERY